As of Inbound 17 – HubSpot’s annual Inbound conference – the HubSpot COS (Content Optimisation System) is now called the HubSpot CMS (Content Management System).
With the renaming of its COS to CMS, HubSpot have “officially” entered the CMS market and joined us and the rest of the world who are all using the same term to describe it.
But HubSpot's CMS is a little different to the rest...
What makes HubSpot's CMS different to others?
- It’s better than almost every CMS on the market (it has been for a while – don’t believe us? Check out G2 Crowd’s report)
- It’s two times faster than the average CMS in North America
- It is designed to support the Inbound methodology
- And it delivers greater functionality and capability than the average CMS
Thing is, HubSpot is so much more than just content management - and it's quickly becoming a powerful solution for businesses looking to empower their website, marketing, and sales. Here's why you need to consider it:
It overcomes the issue of disconnected systems
HubSpot’s success comes down to its approach to content management and Inbound Marketing. HubSpot recognised that, in order for marketers to succeed at Inbound Marketing, content and website management needed to be easier, streamlined and integrated into every aspect of a marketing campaign.
HubSpot knew that a disconnected approach to content creation and website optimisation would lead to lost opportunities, and scattered tools would fail to provide a “complete” view of marketing activity.
Its template builder is great
The HubSpot website template builder enables non-technical marketers to create fully-functional templates with pre-built modules easily, effectively removing the need for a website developer, designer and coder all in one go.
At the same time, the template builder is sophisticated and comprehensive enough to allow the most experienced designers and coders to create customised templates and edit code. The website pages developed in the HubSpot COS are responsive – meaning web pages alter themselves based on the device they are being viewed on – and pages could be edited in real time.
HubSpot’s CMS supports a growing library of integrations
HubSpot’s COS was never just for content optimisation or content management. It was always about aligning your content marketing activity with the rest of your marketing – and as such, the HubSpot platform supports a growing number of official and third-party integrations. Lead generation, advertising, analytics and data, customer success, live chat, video, social media – the list goes on.
HubSpot supports integrations across a number of functions, all to help you market and sell more effectively.
It's built for the marketer, not the developer
One of the best things about HubSpot’s CMS – and the HubSpot platform in general – is that it requires no detailed technical knowledge, and no indepth coding experience or expertise to get the most out of it. HubSpot gives you complete control of your website. Out of the box,
HubSpot is easy to use, set up and manage.
You can create websites, landing page and blogs just by some short clicks and confirmations. This level of simplicity is replicated across every aspect of the HubSpot platform and if for some reason you find yourself stuck, HubSpot support are always on hand to help.
Security comes as standard
HubSpot is secure by design and does not require plugins in order to be secure. All HubSpot products are developed with security in mind from the moment of conception to deployment.
- Customer data is backed up with multiple online replicas, snapshots and additional backups.
- Every HubSpot product is distributed across at least three data centre availability zones to prevent outage from single points of failure
- HubSpot routinely monitors software and application behaviour to identify problems or threats
- Data is encrypted in transit and HubSpot-hosted sites can use SSL (TLS)
- HubSpot uses a high-grade web application firewall and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) prevention to protect your site and access to your products from attacks
- HubSpot incorporates security into the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to ensure that every product has high-grade security from conception to deployment
- HubSpot’s automated server infrastructure can automatically respond to new security needs or threats and vulnerabilities are rapidly patched
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. For a more comprehensive breakdown of HubSpot’s security, please click here.
HubSpot is integrated with the rest of your marketing and sales efforts
Perhaps most importantly, HubSpot’s CMS is integrated with all of your marketing and sales activity.
As we have mentioned before, the kind of marketing and sales activity that actually works in today’s digital-first world is the kind that is unified and consistent – and achieving this consistency means having all of your activity in one place. Disconnected tools across a number of different systems will just lead to an incomplete view of your marketing activity. Furthermore, when it comes to extracting vital data you need to compile ROI reports, you will no longer need to dive into different tools and programs to pull data as it will all be collected in a single environment.
Take a smarter approach to your website creation and development. Integrate your website seamlessly into the rest of your marketing and sales activity. Choose HubSpot.
DO YOU KNOW HOW EFFECTIVE
YOUR WEBSITE IS? -
Discover now with a free, 30-minute website assessment